Saturday, June 14, 2008

Screenshot of WoW on Linux


So like I mentioned earlier....got it working, I will update you all with my venture into Linux.

If you all are feeling brave, I can not recommend Ubuntu enough, I have been toying around with it since version 5 (Breezy Badger) and the company that owns it is doing truly amazing things.

I was once asked by an instructor if there truly ever was a viable alternative to the desktop OS (Windows), and I at first truly felt that this was not possible to knock them off.

I am now feeling quite excited and think that people may be starting to look to alternatives to an easy to install, use and maintain desktop OS. The slow adoption (and forced from OEM dealers) of the latest OS offering from Microsoft has made me think that there may soon be a demand for something better.

Linux has always been there and for most people it has been a daunting task to run it. With the ease of installation, use, and maintenance that has been happening with the Ubuntu distro....maybe?

No comments: