Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'VE DONE IT!!!

When I found out that a little project I have been an advocate of for a long time (Crossover Office by CodeWeavers) had just certified the one game I have time to play (WoW) as Gold....I finally dropped Winblows as my default OS.

Yes I still dual boot, only cause the company I work for does not support the Linux version of the Citrix client (work always gets in the way), and for certain things I need to do do for M$ Winblows I have another great product VMServer.

I went with the latest (8.04) version of Ubuntu (Hardy Heron) and it installed like a champ and detected and configured ALL of my hardware (to include nVidia SLI).

I have a few more "clean-up" issues cause of windows permissions (moving 133GB of data from a volume I can't mount in Linux) and then the only time I have to get into Winblows will be for work (GARRRR!!!!).

I will be posting pictures of the (not-so)Noobs and some pretty eyecandy screenshiots withing a few hours (got to put them down).


EDIT - I just realized....another application/reason I will be forever dual-booting

http://www.zune.net/en-US/

No comments: